Grant Writing Fundamentals
An all-inclusive introductory course taught in either a 2-hour session covering the basics of grants, or a full-day session, where you receive an opportunity to put what you learn into practice. Arrive with a need for grant funding, and leave with a full proposal! Samples of successful proposals and other take-aways and handouts provided.
Perfect for non-profit boards, development committees, and individuals wanting to chart a new career path. Call 614.218.5440 for pricing and to schedule your in-person or online session. Private sessions available.
Students will learn:
- What is a grant?
- How competitive is getting a grant?
- What are the different types of grants?
- What do funders look for?
- What grant is best for my organization?
- What do I need to apply for a grant?
- How long will it take to get a grant?
and gain a solid foundation in:
- Being grant-ready
- Researching and identifying prospects
- The language of grants
- Following grant guidelines
- Ethics & Accountability
- Basics of the logic model
- You’ve applied … what to expect
- Managing the grant