Carolyn Caldwell, GPC, has over 20 years’ experience in fundraising and special event management. She has written foundation, corporate, federal, state and local government grants that were awarded for general and restricted operating support, program support, and capacity building in the arts, education, community development, and mental health.
- Community Connectors Grants (2015-present)
- Ohio Community Service Council
- Ohio Department of Education 21st CCLC grants (2011-present)
- Bachelors of Arts in Journalism, University of South Florida
- Bachelors of Arts in Theatre, University of South Florida
- Coursework in marketing, OSU’s Fisher College of Business
- Grant Professional Certified, Grant Professionals Certification Institute
As Immediate Past President of my chapter, I attended AFP Central Ohio’s New Member
Orientation. Seen here with Chris Baker, CFRE, Exec Director of the Ohio Farm Bureau
Foundation, and Chad Jester, President of Nationwide Foundation.
A full house at The Columbus Foundation for the data driven non profit forum. I’m here to support panelist Emily Campbell of Columbus Academy.
CAROLYN CALDWELL AWARDED “GRANT PROFESSIONAL CERTIFIED” DESIGNATION by the Grant Professionals Certification Institute. READ MORE
OTHER RECENT NEWS
Carolyn Caldwell wins a $35,000 grant for the Columbus Museum of Art
from the National Endowment for the Arts.
Carolyn Caldwell wins a $150,000 grant for the Columbus Museum of Art
from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
“I strongly recommend Carolyn Caldwell, a skilled and certified grant writer with a deep bench of skills that have proven beneficial to a host of non- profits in Columbus. … Carolyn and I have partnered previously and I can think of no one better! “
– Christine J. Vineis, President, Capital Partnerships
“Her writing is exceptional in terms of capturing our story and communicating it in a grant proposal in a very compelling way. … We are extremely pleased with Carolyn’s work. She is having a positive impact on our bottom line for the organization.”
– Jane Wiechel, Ph.D., CEO, Communities In Schools of Central Ohio
“Carolyn earned the respect of the (Columbus Museum of Art) program staff … developing an understanding of their goals that enabled her to draft grant content that was both fundable and strongly supported by the program staff.”
– Norma Sexton, former Development Director, Columbus Museum of Art
“Thank you Carolyn for your great work. The database is already proving to be a good investment. I certainly won’t hesitate to contact you again if additional services are needed.”
– Sky Schelle, CPSWQ, City of Springfield Stormwater Coordinator
Grant Writing Basics Workshops :
United Way, Red Cross, Educational Council
“Carolyn offered a look at Grant Writing 101 which was both basic but in-depth. I really appreciated Carolyn’s ability to take a complex conversation and break it down in a way that was understood by all. Thanks Carolyn!”
– Lynne Wise, AmeriCorps Coordinator –
Logic Model Workshop :
Serve Ohio Conference
100% Gained New Knowledge
“I will be better able to handle my grant writing responsibilities thanks to this workshop.”
– Workshop Attendee –
“I anticipate more grant funding and accomplishment of my organiztion’s mission as the greatest benefit of this training.
– Workshop Attendee –
Non-Profit Event Sponsorships Workshops :
Indiana University/Purdue University-Indianapolis (IUPUI)
“What I liked most was the knowledge Carolyn had.
What surprised me most was how much work goes into a non-profit event. ”
– IUPUI Student –
Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Central Ohio chapter President 2017
- Membership Committee Chair 2012-14; VP Membership 2015
- Chapter won highest member retention rate over 3 years
Grant Professional Association
- Central Ohio chapter President 2012
- Chapter won 3rd place for member retention
Phoenix Rising Printmaking Cooperative Board Member 2010-2015
American Cancer Society Cattle Baron’s Ball 2007-2009
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Annual Fundraising Gala 2006-2008